PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 12/18/2021
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues:
Here’s How We Make Change Happen This Week
Once again, we were running hard this past week.
We anchored striking worker solidarity events across the country in coalition with Our Revolution and others, and announced our campaign to promote the boycott of Kellogg’s cereal brands until they stop hiring scabs and give the striking workers what they want.
Our Congressional Liaison team continues to urge Congress to pass Build Back Better and Voting Rights legislation, and we have continued pushing for justice for those who perpetrated and participated in the January 6th insurrection.
Finally we’ve been advocating for global vaccinations and actions that will make us all healthier this holiday season, and beyond.
So, it’s been another busy week, and the one coming will be just as active. Please join us in one or more of the following:
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Art Playing A Powerful Role in Progressive Victories. Special Guests are Danny Goldberg—author, activist, and former manager of Nirvana—and Howie Klein, who worked with many legendary acts including the Clash, and now runs Blue State America PAC. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Register now to join a local Save Our Democracy vigil Jan. 6—over 100 events across the country and growing as we call for unity as a nation, and for justice for those who attempted/continue to work towards a coup.Let us know if you want to participate in an event near you.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign and share the petition to Kellogg Company stating you’ll boycott their cereal products until the strike is settled. Sign the petition to limit the most polluting gas: Methane. Help save the Post Office by supporting postal banking. Help cap insulin prices. Support the expansion of Social Security by becoming a grassroots cosponsor of the Social Security Act of 2021. Then contact your Senators and tell them to follow Bernie’s lead re: the Build Back Better reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.