PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 11/20/2021
The PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues:
Here’s How We Make Change Happen This Week
Our hearts are broken.
As we should be celebrating the signing of the Build Back Better bill in the House, and a small degree of justice as Rep. Gosar was censured for his violent political messaging on Twitter, we see the worrisome verdict in the Rittenhouse case.
The Rittenhouse trial was a sham. The verdict was a tragedy for our society. It effectively sanctions right-wing vigilantism, and sends an unmistakable signal of approval to white terrorists—and reveals to anyone with their eyes open the horror of GOP domination of the courts.
As progressives, we must respond by doubling our commitment to defeating this scourge—to match, surpass, and then banish right-wing influence over the judiciary, all the while peacefully marching in the movement for racial justice and more.
Please plug into one or more of our actions below:
1) Join our newly re-formatted weekly Sunday Progressive Town Hall. This week: Justice, the Progressive Political Landscape, and Voting Rights.
Sunday, Nov. 21
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific; 12pm AK; 11am HI.
Special Guest Speakers: Nationally renowned political strategist Michael Lighty, and voting rights organizer Savannah Gribbins with the Declaration for American Democracy Coalition (of which we at PDA are a member). If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists”: Help cap insulin prices. Support the expansion of Social Security by becoming a grassroots cosponsor of the Social Security Act of 2021. Then contact your Senators and tell them to follow Bernie’s lead re: the Build Back Better reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be.
5) Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.