PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 11-18-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand. The struggle continues….
All eyes are on the situation in the Israel/Gaza conflict, and we’ve been working for peace via a ceasefire, now.
As Congress avoided a government shutdown, we’ve been fighting for no cuts in social safety net programs that we all need and deserve to have available.
We stood with striking Starbucks workers in their “Red Cup Rebellion” on Thursday, and are proud to stand with all union brothers and sisters in the UAW and every other union fighting for workers rights, wages, benefits, and dignity.
Next week will be more of the same as we help progressive leaders get elected, and continue our never-wavering support of social, economic, racial, and environmental justice, peace, and a robust democracy for all that pushes back on the Trumpist/MAGA forces planning to turn our country into a Christo-fascist dictatorship.
We at PDA see it as our jobs to keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies, with Special Focus on Palestine. We are excited and proud to have young and brilliant policy advisor Wesam Shahed as our featured guest. He has been internationally recognized in the Arab American Foundation’s “30 Under 30.” At only 24, Wesam earned his B.A. in Pre-Law: Business Management from Loyola University Chicago and his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Michigan State University College of Law. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Tell Pres. Biden: Demand the Israeli government ban the use of white phosphorus;
- Sign to support the resolution in Congress for immediate de-escalation and ceasefire in Israel and occupied Palestine;
Sign the petition: Ban assault weapons;
- Click to say “We need bold reforms to fix Washington“;
- Sign if you agree: Speaker Mike Johnson is a dangerous extremist;
- Sign the petition: Make voter registration automatic nationwide;
- #NoDAPL — Stop the Dakota Access Pipeline Now!
- Sign the petition: Make sick leave accessible for everyone;
- Tell Congress and the White House: The clean economy must be unionized;
- Tell Corporate Leaders: Stop Ignoring Climate Change;
- We Must Preserve DACA!
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team