PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 11-04-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand. The struggle continues….
As the tragedies in the Israel/Palestine conflict have continued to mount, we’ve been working for peace and calling for ceasefire.
The election of a White Nationalist Christo-fascist as the Speaker of the House only reinforces the importance of the electoral work we’ve been engaged in over the past week, from supporting solidly progressive candidates for Congress, and for the same in the vital elections in Virginia, Ohio, Mississippi, and elsewhere on Tuesday.
We have been equally proud to stand with the striking UAW workers, as PDA activists have been showing up to picket lines in solidarity, and we’re so glad to see it looks like a really solid contract with the Big 3 will get ratified by membership.
We’ll continue this work and more over the upcoming week, as we struggle for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice, justice in the courts, and peace in the streets domestically and abroad.
We at PDA see it as our jobs to keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies. We are always excited to have progressive inspiration Nina Turner in the house with us as we discuss her work with We Are Somebody. We’ll also celebrate the life of healthcare activism icon Ady Barken. You’ll leave feeling much more hopeful, energized, and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Click to say “We need bold reforms to fix Washington“;
- Sign if you agree: Speaker Mike Johnson is a dangerous extremist;
- Sign the petition: Make voter registration automatic nationwide;
- #NoDAPL — Stop the Dakota Access Pipeline Now!
- Sign to support the resolution in Congress for immediate de-escalation and ceasefire in Israel and occupied Palestine;
- Sign the petition: Make sick leave accessible for everyone;
- Tell Congress and the White House: The clean economy must be unionized;
- Tell Corporate Leaders: Stop Ignoring Climate Change;
- We Must Preserve DACA!
- Join our Click Brigade if you’re up for quick and easy rapid-response “likes” and shares across a multitude of platforms.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team