PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 10/30/2021
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues:
Here’s How We Make Change Happen This Week
We’ve been in “all hands on deck” mode over the past week, pushing to ensure that the eventual Build Back Better reconciliation bill is as progressive and impactful as it possibly can be. Although we recognize it’s still far short of what we need and fight for, it is currently the single largest investment in our agenda that we’ve seen in over 50 years. And we will continue to fight to make it even more progressive.
We’ve also been standing in solidarity with striking workers across the country, and the Hunger Strikers who are standing for greater investment in making the U.S. more green energy-friendly and focused on sustainability.
Finally, we’ve been pushing out the vote for the vital elections across the country on Tuesday, and will expand the bandwidth invested in that project for the final push till the polls close.
We hope you’ll join us via one or more of the actions below:
1) Help save lives and make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, Oct. 31
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Special Guest Speaker: Esteemed member of Canadian Doctors for Medicare (CDM), Dr. Michael Klein, M.D., University of British Columbia Professor Emeritus, a dual citizen who has practiced Family Medicine in both the U.S. and Canada. We’ll discuss the differences in the systems, and how we can make the U.S. system better, along with an update on COVID-19. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Big push for Tuesday Elections. Click here to join.
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
4) For “Clicktivists”: Combat DeJoy’s attacks on the postal service and postal slow-downs by calling for the removal of DeJoy-supporter Ron Bloom from the U.S. Postal Board of Governors. Then sign to end the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage and negotiate drug prices, put an end to fossil fuel subsidies, and follow Bernie’s lead in general in the upcoming massive Build Back Better reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be.
5) Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.