PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 10-28-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand. The struggle continues….
As the tragedies in the Israel/Palestine conflict have continued to mount, and troubling instances of attacks on U.S. bases in the region only adding fuel to the fire, we’ve been working for peace and calling for ceasefire.
And we continue to fight for gun safety regulation, with the mass shooting in Maine proving the time to act is now! No more “thoughts and prayers”: We need action!
The election of a White Nationalist Christo-fascist as the Speaker of the House only reinforces the importance of the electoral work we’ve been engaged in over the past week, from supporting solidly progressive candidates for Congress, and for the same in the vital elections in Virginia coming up in November.
We were proud to have Rep. Debbie Dingell, Co-Chair of the Disabilities Caucus in Congress as our special guest for our Disabilities Issue Organizing Team’s October meeting this past week.
We have been equally proud to stand with the striking UAW workers, as PDA activists have been showing up to picket lines in solidarity, and we’re so glad to see that these efforts have helped bring Ford to the table in a very meaningful way. Solidarity!
We’ll continue this work and more over the upcoming week, as we struggle for social, economic, racial, and environmental justice, justice in the courts, and peace in the streets domestically, and abroad.
We at PDA see it as our jobs to keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Healthcare Not Warfare. Join us as welcome featured speakers James Zogby, Founder and President of the Arab American Institute and longtime member of the DNC’s Executive Committee on the Israel/Palestine conflict, and President of OnePayerStates Chuck Pennacchio on healthcare for all. You’ll leave feeling much more hopeful, energized and organized. RSVP here.
Sign to support the resolution in Congress for immediate de-escalation and ceasefire in Israel and occupied Palestine;
- Tell Congress and the White House: The clean economy must be unionized;
- Tell Corporate Leaders: Stop Ignoring Climate Change;
- We Must Preserve DACA!
- Call on the U.S. Senate and Department of Justice to Initiate a Formal Investigation of Clarence Thomas Now;
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking actors—Solidarity!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team