PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 10/23/2021
photo: PDA presenté at the Voting Rights rally on Capital Hill in DC
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues:
Here’s How We Make Change Happen This Week
This past week we were laser-focused on the huge voting rights relay from WV to DC, and the big rally going on at the Capital today, along with a wave of outreach to our members of Congress to hold strong on the progressive elements of the Build Back Better reconciliation bill — from child care, to negotiating drug prices to green energy jobs and an end to carbon-based fuel supplements and much, much more.
We stand with the January 6th commission’s recommendation and the floor vote that confirmed it’s time for Bannon and the other Trumpists to recognize that ignoring subpoenas comes at a legal price.
Now, we have another busy week before us, so please join us in any way you can via the actions below. Together, we will make the world a more progressive place for all, one step at a time.
- Help save lives and make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, Oct. 24
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Special Guest Speakers: Progressive powerhouse US House Rep. Ro Khanna (schedule permitting) and hyper-active grassroots advocates from across the country who are working locally to fight COVID and make the world a healthier place in general. If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- For “Clicktivists”: Combat DeJoy’s attacks on the postal service and postal slow-downs by calling for the removal of DeJoy-supporter Ron Bloom from the US Postal Board of Governors. Sign to end the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage and negotiate drug prices, put an end to fossil fuel subsidies, and follow Bernie’s lead in general in the upcoming massive Build Back Better reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be.
- Can’t volunteer? Then please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.