PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 10-21-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand. The struggle continues….
Of course this past week has been dominated by the tragedies in the Israel/Gaza conflict, and we continue to actively support peace for the Israeli and Palestinian people, with just solutions that recognize the human rights of every person not only in that region, but around the globe.
On the domestic front, we’re so proud to say over the past week we’ve been showing solidarity with striking UAW workers on picket lines across the country,
Looking to DC, while short-term there’s little we can do to fix the MAGA Republicans in the House and the chaos they’re fueling, we will continue to work over the upcoming week to help progressives win elections and establish majorities not only in the U.S. House, but at the state and local levels as well via our sister organization Progressives for Democracy in America.
We at PDA see it as our jobs to keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies. Join us as welcome one of our rock star progressive endorsed candidates for Congress, Jamie McLeod-Skinner as we discuss how we can win in rural districts. Plus we’ll have an update on the week’s news and how we can all make a difference. You’ll leave feeling much more hopeful, energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
- Sign to support the resolution in Congress for immediate de-escalation and ceasefire in Israel and occupied Palestine;
- Tell Congress and the White House: The clean economy must be unionized;
- Tell Corporate Leaders: Stop Ignoring Climate Change;
- We Must Preserve DACA!
- Call on the U.S. Senate and Department of Justice to Initiate a Formal Investigation of Clarence Thomas Now;
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking actors—Solidarity!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team