PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 10/16/2021
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues:
Here’s How We Make Change Happen This Week
As Trumpists continued to try to dismantle our democracy, attack women’s rights, and ignore medical science, we fought back by continuing our pressure upon federal electeds via direct outreach to their offices and in the streets, in general.
We’re glad to see that the January 6th commission is getting serious about enforcing subpoenas for Bannon and his ilk, and that Senator Schumer will be bringing the Freedom To Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act to the floor in the upcoming week, and we’re showing solidarity with a huge coalition on a relay across West Virginia, through Delaware, and ending in a huge DC rally for voting rights on Sat. the 23rd.
Join us in any way you can via the actions below. Together, we will make the world a more progressive place for all, one step at a time.
- Help save lives and make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall
Sunday, Oct. 17
4pm Eastern; 3pm Central; 2pm Mountain; 1pm Pacific/AZ; 12pm AK; 10am HI.
Special Guest Speaker: PDA National Advisory Board Member and progressive talk show icon and historian Thom Hartmann will be discussing his new book The Hidden History of American Healthcare and more.
If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Rally for Voting Rights. Join us either in the streets in WV, DE, and/or DC, or join our phone efforts making sure PDA folks in the area are involved. Let us know what you’re up for.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- For “Clicktivists”: Combat DeJoy’s attacks on the postal service and postal slow-downs by calling for the removal of DeJoy-supporter Ron Bloom from the US Postal Board of Governors. Sign to end the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage and negotiate drug prices, put an end to fossil fuel subsidies, and follow Bernie’s lead in general in the upcoming massive Build Back Better reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.