PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 10-14-23. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand. The struggle continues…
We’re so proud to say over the past week we’ve been showing solidarity with striking UAW workers on picket lines across the country, but of course the situations dominating the news now are the dysfunctional Republicans in the House, and the tragedy transpiring in Israel/Gaza.
While short term there’s little we can do to fix the MAGA Republicans in the House, we will continue to work over the upcoming week to help progressives win elections and establish majorities not only in the U.S. House, but at the state and local levels as well via our sister organization Progressives for Democracy in America.
As for peace for the Israeli and Palestinian people, we will continue to work for a just solution that recognizes the human rights of every person not only in that region, but around the globe.
We at PDA see it as our jobs to keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday:Working for Lasting Peace and Strengthening the Progressive Movement at the Same Time. Join us as we work for peace not only in Israel/Palestine, but within the progressive movement as a whole, as well. You’ll leave feeling much more hopeful, energized and organized. RSVP here.
- Tell Congress and the White House: The clean economy must be unionized
- Tell Corporate Leaders: Stop Ignoring Climate Change;
- We Must Preserve DACA!
- Call on the U.S. Senate and Department of Justice to Initiate a Formal Investigation of Clarence Thomas Now;
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking actors—Solidarity!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team