PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 10/02/2021
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Critically Important Work Continues: Here’s How You Can Help this Week
We’ve been working in solidarity with progressives in Congress who are demanding that our agenda, the agenda backed by the vast majority of citizens in the United States, remain in a maximally robust reconciliation bill.
Our team in Arizona played a leading role in drafting and passing an AZ Democratic Party resolution by an 80-20 margin demanding that Senator Kristen Cinema vote right—even if it means voting an end to the filibuster—or she’ll face a vote of No Confidence or Censure from the state party.
We’ve been fighting for a federal reconciliation bill that is maximally robust with expanded Medicare benefits and no fossil fuel subsidies, standing for the passage of the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, along with supporting prosecution of Jan. 6th insurrectionists, and working for justice for Afghan refugees.
Join us as we keep putting one foot in front of the other, getting closer to our goal of a more progressive world for all.
- Join A Women’s March Today. Hundreds of them across the country are demanding that we protect women’s control of their healthcare and reproductive decisions. Let us know if you’re attending one.
- Help make the country healthier.
PDA Healthcare Emergency Town Hall, Sunday, Oct. 3, 4pm Eastern
Special Guest Speaker: Dr. Rachel Madley, Ph.D., the new Lead Health Policy Advisor and Legislative Assistant to Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-WA. Dr. Madley will update us on the status of our attempts to expand and improve Medicare.
If you haven’t already done so, RSVP here.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign to end the filibuster. Contact your Senators and tell them to expand Medicare coverage and negotiate drug prices, put an end to fossil fuel subsidies, and follow Bernie’s lead in general in the upcoming massive reconciliation bill. Also, tell them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do today, tomorrow, and every day this week.