PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 1-29-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Another Busy Week Behind Us, and Before Us. You in?
In addition to our national Congressional Liaison Team meeting, our Texas March Primary Organizing Meeting, and our emergency No War With Russia Meeting and Action this past week, we’re organizing for the Supreme Court nomination, showing solidarity with the January 6th Commission’s work for justice against would-be coup attempts, and have just announced our newest addition to our national endorsements: Nina Turner running for Congress in Ohio.
So, another busy week in PDALand, with an even more active one on the horizon.
Please join us in any way(s) you can via the actions below.
Together, we’ll make a real difference!
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Holding COVID Profiteers Accountable and Another Potential Progressive Win! Join the Nation’s John Nichols as we discuss his new book, Coronavirus Criminals and Pandemic Profiteers, dedicated to PDA’s great co-founder and political director Steve Cobble, who died in early 2021. Then future Squad member Greg Casar (TX-35) will show us how we win even in Texas by running as a true progressives. RSVP here.
- Winning the First Primary in the Country in March. With Greg and Jessica Cisneros (TX-28) we have two great Squad pick-ups we need to bring home. We need you in the game, regardless of where you live.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Contact Danett to get involved.
- For “Clicktivists”: End the global Pandemic by supporting H.Con.Res 60. Sign the petition to limit the most polluting gas: Methane. Support the expansion of Social Security by becoming a grassroots cosponsor of the Social Security Act of 2021.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in early 2022. Hope to see you soon!