PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 1-08-22
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
Another Busy Week Behind Us, And Before Us. You in?
We’re coming off of a week where we were virtually all hands on deck with the coalition efforts that generated over 325 Defend Democracy events across the country on January
We demand that the Senate passes the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act in order to combat the attack on voting rights that has been on-going after January 6th, 2021.
The upcoming week will be just as busy, so please join us in any/all actions below to keep progressive wins coming in.
- Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: No Nukes plus Omicron update. Join us as we discuss the past, present, and future perils of nuclear power with Dr. Helen Caldicott and Harvey Wasserman, and provide a brief update on how to stay healthy vs Omicron. RSVP here.
- Join the National Phone Team. Make easy calls from home to fellow PDA folks to ensure they’re in the know about important actions and candidates. We work 7 days a week, so whenever is good for you is good for us. Click here to join.
- Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation and end the filibuster in the Senate. Sign up here.
- For “Clicktivists”: Sign the petition to make sure the Senate does all it can for voting rights. Sign the petition to limit the most polluting gas: Methane. Support the expansion of Social Security by becoming a grassroots cosponsor of the Social Security Act of 2021. Then contact your Senators them to pass the Freedom to Vote Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and to find a way around the filibuster if need be.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know if you act.
- Can’t volunteer? Please contribute what you are able to afford and make it monthly if you can. There’s much to do, and we need the resources to make it all happen.
Thanks so much for anything you can do to ramp up our victories in early 2022.