PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 1-07-23. Join us!
Peace, health, and prosperity to you and yours,
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
This past week we kicked off the new year by helping to organize January 6th commemorative events across the country, calling for all insurrectionists to face justice, and for all patriots to stand strong for voting rights that are under attack.
While the Republicans embodied dysfunction in the House, we have been working to bring home the win in Jennifer McClellan’s special February election in VA-04, and working to get George Santos removed from Congress once he’s seated.
Please consider picking one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you in the game today!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: The 21st-Century Economic Bill of Rights, and More. Join Professor Harvey J. Kaye as we discuss why we need to make the Economic Bill of Rights a reality, and how we make it a reality. We’ll also debrief the Jan 6th events across the country, and the mess that has been the vote for Speaker of the House. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”:
- Tell President Biden to declare a Climate Emergency.
- Sign the petition to help us get the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) certified NOW.
- Tell Congress to enact federal abortion protections.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Counter Social and/or Mastodon, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know about your activism.
Thanks so much for anything you can do.