PDA Weekly Review and Preview for 1-01-23. Join us!
Peace, health, and prosperity to you and yours!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
First, we hope you and yours are having a glorious holiday season.
The past week has been a busy one, even as we connect with family and friends. We’ve been pushing for a win in Jennifer McClellan’s special February election in VA-04, working to get George Santos removed from Congress if he’s seated, making sure Trumpist insurrectionists see justice and that the authoritarians who continue to try to dismantle our democracy ultimately fail, and preparing for our rollout of our plans for more wins in 2023 that we’ll be discussing on this week’s special Sunday Town Hall.
While you’re enjoying the winding down of the holidays, please consider picking one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together. We need you in the game today!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Debriefing 2022 Victories, and the Plan for More in 2023. If you aren’t already booked with family and friends, join us as we crow some about our victories, and lay out the plan for early 2023 to ensure more victories. You’ll leave energized and organized to come out of the gate running. RSVP here.
2) Host or attend a January 6th memorial event near you. Hundreds of events nationwide will bring attention to how we must make sure it never happens again, and how we combat the ongoing Trumpist attacks on democracy. Click here to get connected.
3) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
4) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
5) For “Clicktivists”:
- Tell President Biden to declare a Climate Emergency.
- Sign the petition to help us get the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) certified NOW.
- Tell Congress to enact federal abortion protections.
- “Like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Counter Social and/or Mastodon, if you’re a social media maven.
- Then please let us know about your activism.