PDA Weekly Review and Preview: 9-23-2023. Join us!
Yet another busy week in PDALand. It just never slows down.
As Kevin McCarthy has tried his best to lose his Speakership with insane Biden impeachment drivel and his caucus blows up over just HOW to destroy the federal government with a potential shutdown, and Trump and his insurrectionist lackeys get closer and closer to justice, we’ve been working hard on actions and campaigns where we can make a real difference in outcomes.
For example: we’ve been in the streets, in the suites, and on the phones supporting the huge #EndFossilFuels campaign. With more to come in the upcoming week. So keep your eyes peeled on your inbox for how you can participate.
We’ve been showing and will continue to show solidarity with striking workers, and now with the UAW actions, we’ll be ramping up nationwide and invite you to join us at a picket line near you!
And of course, we’ll continue standing for peace and social, economic, and racial justice, as always, with special focus on the Virginia State elections. Early voting has already started and we must pile on to bring home multiple progressive victories.
We’ll keep up the struggle, 7 days a week, and we hope you’ll join us as well.
Just an hour here or there can make a real difference when it’s focused on a productive project.
Please pick one or more of these actions/projects, and let’s make some noise together!
1) Progressive Virtual Town Hall Sunday: Defeating Trumpists with Progressive Candidates and Policies. Focus: No Nukes, Climate Emergency, and Strike Update
This week we’ll be updating our #Climate Emergency campaign along with hearing from Defuse Nuclear War activists Emma Claire Foley of Roots Action, and Linda Seeley, Vice President of Mothers for Peace on why Nukes are such a bad idea as weapons AND as a source of power generation. We’ll also cover ways we can all show solidarity with striking UAW workers. You’ll leave energized and organized. RSVP here.
2) Join the National Phone Team. Sign up with this juggernaut and make a real difference an hour here, an hour there, on your schedule. Sign up here, let us know what day you can set an hour aside, and we’ll get you cookin’ calling fellow PDA folks to help bring home progressive victories. We’ll make sure you’re doing something easy but productive!
3) Become a local Congressional Office Liaison. Work with others in your area to promote progressive legislation. Sign up here and we’ll get you all the training you need to be successful.
4) For “Clicktivists”—Sign/Share:
- Tell Corporate Leaders: Stop Ignoring Climate Change
- We Must Preserve DACA!
- Call on the U.S. Senate and Department of Justice to Initiate a Formal Investigation of Clarence Thomas Now;
- Tell Democratic candidates: Reject support from AIPAC;
- Sign the petition: Support striking screenwriters and actors—Solidarity!
- Become a Grassroots Co-Sponsor of Bernie’s College for All Act;
- Tell Governors: Lead the Fight to Ban Book Bans Now;
- Tell the Biden Administration: Protect Child Workers from Corporate Exploitation;
- Sign the petition: Protect the separation of church and state;
Thanks so much for anything you can do today for all our tomorrows. Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team