Now is the Time for Progressives to Take Hold of the National Political Narrative
– Mike Hersh and Alan Minsky for PDA
We are the Political Movement we’ve been waiting for
Together, we can transform America for the better
Please become a sustainer by making monthly gifts!
According to the pundits, prospects for this year’s midterms and the 2024 presidential elections look bleak.
That may become a self-fulling prophecy unless we inspire and mobilize the overwhelming number of voters who support common sense solutions to our common challenges.
We have no illusions about the difficult nature of this task. Yet we’ve already made significant headway, by re-centering:
- Equity and equality for all, including racial and social justice, specifically by ending bigotry against women, BIPOC communities, LGBTQIA+ people, immigrants, and others
- 21st Century Economic Bill of Rights: economic and budgetary policies that support poor, working- and middle-class people—not just the wealthiest elites
- The Green New Deal: science-based environmental and climate policies
- Medicare For All: high-quality comprehensive healthcare for all—with no financial or other barriers to needed care
- Voting rights, fair and clean elections—free from voter suppression and undue influence
- Peaceful foreign policy based on cooperation and diplomacy—not violence
Yes, we understand that our money-driven political system hinders progress by accident and design. That makes achieving the electoral victories necessary to achieve widely popular and necessary reform very difficult. However, we remain confident.
As we enter the Spring of 2022, now is the time for progressives to grab hold of the national political narrative. We are supporting a wave of inspirational progressive candidates across the country – and with your sustaining support, we can achieve enough victories to turn the tide. Become a PDA sustainer today.
We are the national political movement that advocates for the policies that will build the America that the vast majority want to live in.
P.S. Progressive victories don’t just happen. It takes financial commitment from dedicated progressives like you! Please pitch in whatever you can afford each month to elect progressive champions.