Need You With Us On Voting Rights. Here’s A List Of Things You Can Do
Mike Fox for the PDA National Team
The Struggle Continues!
While the Senate may be on recess, we certainly are not!
We must continue to pressure our Senators while they’re at home because #DemocracyCantWait.
John Lewis had his skull cracked open for voting rights. But he still moved forward.
We must likewise continue moving forward, one step at a time, until we reach our goal.
- Back to the streets! Let us know if you’re up for participating in a rally or march in your community. There’s a HUGE coalition effort you can be part of.
- Contact your Senators now (calls are best) and tell them they must pass the sweeping voting rights legislation before them and end the filibuster if that’s what it takes. In addition, we’re demanding they return to work and pass legislation to ban partisan gerrymandering before states draw convoluted voting districts that undermine the will of the people. Click here to use a simple letter writing form.
- Sign and share this petition calling on Senators to take action to support voting rights.
- Spread the word on social media, calling on the Senate to pass voting rights protection now! Our #DemocracyCantWait.
- Let us know when you’ve acted.
We must save our democracy from the Trumpists in state houses across the country who are coming for our right to vote!
Thanks so much for anything you can do right now.