Moore’s Gone. Here’s What’s Next. Join Us!
By Mike Fox for Donna, Mike H., Amos, Janis, Deb, Bryan, Kim, Dan, Judy, Dr. Bill and the rest of the PDA team
Lot’s Going On. Dive In With Us!
Looking back at yet another busy week in PDA land, we are reminded of just how important our work is, and how much we appreciate our members who are working hard with us to make the world a better place for all. Thank you so much if you made phone calls, knocked doors, participated in a street action, visited your congressional office, or donated to our efforts this past week.
Obviously we are pumped about our work to insure Roy Moore retired from Politics. And here’s step 2: we’re demanding that congress not vote on the awful Trump Tax bill until Doug Jones is sworn in.
We’ve also been organizing this week on behalf of Dreamers demanding a clean Dream Act. More arrests on Friday in DC, and those arrested have taken a bold step: they vow to stay in jail until we all see a clean Dream Act passed. Click here to join/host a solidarity vigil on Sunday.
And our members will be dropping letters at local congressional offices in our Educate Congress campaign this upcoming week.
Here are 5 other ways we’re having an impact right now, and so can you over the upcoming week, wherever you live:
1) Get active with your local PDA chapter. Contact email@example.com
2) Join the Educate Congress Letter Drop Team. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Join the National Phone Team making easy calls from your home, like we did to Alabama to defeat Moore. Contact email@example.com
4) Make your clicks count with our action alerts/petitions on No Tax Vote Without Doug Jones, Impeaching Trump, Stopping The Republican Tax Tax Bill In General, Guaranteeing Healthcare For All, Supporting The Dream Act (DACA), Protecting The Iran Nuclear Treaty, and getting us Off Fossil Fuels.
5) Contribute as much as you can to help us continue our work. right now. We don’t have billionaire dark money donors. We depend upon you to keep the lights on, and the fires burning.
There’s much to be done. But if we all do as much as we can, we will succeed at making building a better 2018.
Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for Donna, Mike H., Amos, Janis, Deb, Bryan, Kim, Dan, Judy, Dr. Bill and the rest of the PDA team