Help Immigrants—Defeat Trumpublicans
Debra Schrishuhn and Dan O’Neal for Alan, Mike F., Janis, Mike H., Donna, Dr. Bill, Kimberly, and Bryan your PDA National Team
As “The Nation of Immigrants” prepares to celebrate
its 244th birthday during these most extraordinary
times, we pause to consider the irony of the
Trump administration’s assault on immigration.
Help PDA win fair and comprehensive immigration reform by defeating Trump and electing progressive champions to Congress.
PDA National Advisory Board Member Belen Sisa, Activist and
DREAMer, Speaking at a Phoenix Press Conference Last Month
- DREAMers won a reprieve from deportation in the recent Supreme Court decision upholding President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. The narrowly worded majority opinion faults the current administration’s procedures rather than the substance of its objection to the program.
- Last week, the Supreme Court denied the right of appeal to a Sri Lankan farmer who lost his bid for asylum in the U.S., with broad implications for asylum seekers, stripping away their opportunity to contest negative findings by immigration officials.
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Trump’s shifting of military funds to border wall construction is unlawful, but the Supreme Court ruling allowing funds to be spent while court battles play out remains in effect.
- A District Court ordered release of all immigrant children held in family detention centers over 20 days to prevent further spread of COVID-19, but did not order release of adults, thereby threatening immigrant families with separation…again.
- Trump’s torrent of executive orders continues his assault on immigration. He extended his Proclamation 10014 of April 22 to the end of 2020, suspending entry of many guest workers to the U.S. and preventing those now on U.S. soil from traveling outside the country lest they be denied re-entry.
So what can you do to reverse the damage this administration continues to inflict on immigrants who contribute so much to our economy and cultural vibrancy? The answer is simple:
Vote. Defeat Donald Trump and his
Republican enablers on November 3, 2020
Progressive Democrats of America is working around the clock to elect progressive champions to Congress and defeat Donald Trump. We need your financial support to continue and expand our efforts. Give $50, $20.20, $10 or whatever amount you can to help us win on November 3rd.