Help Change Our Cruel and Dangerous Immigration Policies
For a better future, Debra Schrishuhn and Dan O’Neal for Alan, Mike F., Janis, Mike H., Donna, Dr. Bill, Kimberly, and Bryan—your PDA National Team
Progressive Democrats of America (PDA) is fighting for humane and just immigration reform. Help us by donating $20.20 to our Win 2020 Victory Fund. Money tight? Then get on the phones to help us elect progressives to Congress.
Our current immigration system is cruel, capricious, and dangerous—both for individuals caught in the system and for the health of our democracy. Upcoming primary elections will determine whether progressives who favor humane immigration reform are on the November ballot.
The general election is truly our last chance to change course on the disastrous policies and appointees of this administration.
– Eight immigrants in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody have died since October.
– On Monday, the Trump administration inexplicably ordered removal of Center for Disease Control (CDC) posters identifying symptoms of COVID-19, caused by the novel coronavirus, from immigration courts.
– Only when their directive became public did the administration relent, allowing the posters to stay.
– On Wednesday, the Supreme Court ruled that the controversial “Remain in Mexico” (officially called Migrant Protection Protocols) asylum policy can stay in effect while legal challenges play out.
– The policy mandates that non-Mexican asylum seekers remain in Mexico to await hearings in the U.S., resulting in makeshift camps where hundreds of migrants wait for weeks and months in squalid, unsafe conditions.
– As the Administration pushes on with new Wall construction, Trump is overseeing the demolition of sacred Native American sites in Southern Arizona and wiping the cultural heritage of the Tohono O’odham Nation off the map.
PDA is fighting to reverse this administration’s xenophobic and racist policies. Help us elect fearless progressives to Congress by donating $20.20 or whatever you can to our Win 2020 Victory Fund.
P.S. Make progress in your state and locality with PDA! We need your help to organize a new PDA chapter or energize your existing chapter! Please contact PDA‘s Field Team.
Join the PDA Phone Team making easy, effective calls from your own home with Mike “Phone Guy” Fox. Also please pitch in $1000, $100, or whatever you can afford to help us elect progressives!