COVID19, Trump Treason, RBG Replacement, Black Lives Matter, And More.
In solidarity with a better tomorrow,
Mike Fox for Alan, Dr. Bill, Dan, Donna, Janis, Deb, Bryan, Kimberly, and Mike H. — your PDA National Team
This Past Week Has Been A Year Long. Gearing Up For Next Week
It would take thousands of words to do justice to all of the insanity and attacks on our democracy over the past week, but we have to get to work.
With that spirit in mind, here’s what we’ve been doing, and need to do this upcoming week, and we hope you’ll be very active with us.
1) When Justice Ginsburg passed, we joined in vigils across the country, honoring her inspirational life, and we’ve made the commitment to fight to ensure that Trump and McConnell will not get another seat on the Supreme Court. Let us know if you’re willing to either make calls or get in the street with us.
2) As we passed the 200K mark in total COVID-19 deaths — many of which were totally preventable — we held vigils in the street, contacted Congress and other elected officials, and now ask you join our Healthcare Emergency Virtual Town Hall Sunday, 4pm ET/1pm PT. We’ll be discussing ways to stay healthy, and the road to healthcare as a human right. Click here to RSVP and receive the secure codes.
3) As Bernie so brilliantly put it, we must believe Donald Trump when he says he thinks the only way he can lose is if the election is stolen. We are building a team that will work to make sure he doesn’t pull off a coup. Let us know if you’re willing to make calls or get in the street to prevent a coup.
4) We have stood in solidarity with Breonna Taylor in non-violent protests across the country, and will continue to work until Breonna, her family, and the countless other victims and family members across the country receive justice. Let us know if you will make calls or get in the street.
5) We’ve been fighting, and will continue to fight, against the inhumane acts that ICE is involved in: from breaking up families to sterilizations, and their role in militaristic actions in cities across the country. Let us know if you’ll make calls or get in the street.
6) With all of this going on, it’s easy to forget that we have progressive champions that we must help get elected to Congress in November, as well. Let us know if you’ll make calls to help get real progressives elected to the US House and Senate.
The only way we’re going to see victory is if you, and I, and everyone who reads this reaches down deep to do everything we physically can. If that means joining a safe, socially-distanced street action or making some phone calls from home instead of watching a movie, so be it.
Our physical safety, our democracy, and our legacies as Americans hang in the balance.
Thank you so much for anything you can do.