Another Busy Week Vs Trump. Here’s How PDA Members Fight Back
By Mike Fox for Donna, Mike H., Amos, Janis, Deb, Bryan, Kim, Dan, Judy, Dr. Bill and the rest of the PDA team
Lot’s Going On. Dive In With Us!
At PDA we pride ourselves on putting the “active” in “activist”.
Whether it’s our monthly Educate Congress letter drops (local office and DC work every month for over 5 years running), our electoral work helping great candidates like Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Keith Ellison, Raul Grijalva, Tulsi Gabbard, Pramila Jayapal, Nanette Barragan and others, or our struggle to pull the Democratic Party kicking and screaming back to it’s FDR/Bobbie Kennedy roots, we’re working from Hawaii to Massachusetts. From Puerto Rico and Florida to the great northwest.
Dr. Bill and the PDA crew were at the DNC meeting in Las Vegas protesting the “progressive purge” and doubling up our efforts inside the party from the ground up. Executive Director Donna Smith has been speaking at conferences all over the country, most recently in Cleveland andSeattle, and just taped a town hall on healthcare with Nina Turner and Free Speech TV in New York City.
There is much to do while battling the 12-headed serpent that is the Trump regime, so we need all hands on deck to be successful
Here are 5 ways we’re having an impact right now, and so can you, wherever you live:
1) Get active with your local PDA chapter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Join the Educate Congress Letter Drop Team. Contact email@example.com
3) Join the National Phone Team making easy calls from your home. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Make your clicks count with our action alerts on Guaranteed Healthcare For All, Aid For Puerto Rico, The Dream Act (DACA), the Iran Nuclear Treaty, Net Neutrality, Off Fossil Fuels, and Ceasefire Between Iraq And The Kurds, Coming soon: actions against Trumps lying about the awful Republican tax bill.
5) Contribute as much as you can to help us continue our work. right now. We don’t have billionaire dark money donors. We depend upon you to keep the lights on, and the fires burning.
There’s much to be done. But if we all do as much as we can, we will succeed at making the world a more progressive and just place for all.
Let’s get to work!
Mike Fox for Donna, Mike H., Amos, Janis, Deb, Bryan, Kim, Dan, Judy, Dr. Bill and the rest of the PDA team